Offered at: $1,650,000 : Sold for $1,600,000
Located in Mill Valley’s idyllic Mountain Gate community, 514 Alta Way is in a serene neighborhood, at the edge of town, where the sound of children’s laughter is as common an afternoon refrain, as the melody of the local songbirds. With easy access to Highway 1, and 101 South, toward San Francisco, and even easier access to Marin’s best-loved natural treasures, such as Stinson Beach, Muir Woods, the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and Mount Tamalpais; 514 Alta Way offers a beautiful blend of whimsy and practicality. The art and architecture of this 21st-century three-bedroom, two and a half bath, Craftsman-style home boasts the best of both worlds: Modern construction, and systems, tall vaulted ceilings, and an efficient floor plan; as well as classic designer touches from a bygone era. The south-facing front porch is the perfect perch for working from home or relaxing in the fresh air with a good book, as you look out at the forest in the foreground, and the mountains of the coastal range in the background. The voluminous and light-filled living room is perfect for entertaining; day or night, and features a fireplace, bay window with built-in window seat, inlaid hardwood floors, recessed lighting, and an open floor plan with direct communication to the dining room which, itself, opens onto an inviting east patio area, through French doors. The modern chef’s kitchen boasts timeless stone countertops, rich cabinetry with abundant storage, a walk-in pantry, center island, high-quality stainless-steel appliances, all opening directly onto the adjacent family room, and tranquil west patio. The elegant south-facing master suite, with built-in window seat, walk-in closet, and soaking tub, is cleverly designed on a split level, away from the public rooms, but also apart from the two additional upstairs bedrooms. In the immediate proximity to shopping, award-winning public schools, and all the pleasures that Mill Valley has to offer, 514 Alta Way is so close to the best of urban living, yet so far away.
- 3 bedrooms / 2.5 baths / 2 car side by side garage parking
- 2-Story Contemporary Craftsman, built in 2000
- Whimsical front porch
- Open floor plan living/dining room with vaulted ceilings, abundant light, fireplace.
- Chef’s kitchen with designer touches.
- Family room adjacent to the kitchen and patio
- Master suite with window seat, soaking tub and walk-in closet
- Mature landscaping
- Approx. 2091 sq. ft. (per tax records)
- Lot approx. 6599 sq. ft.
- 2-car attached garage
- Close to Mt. Tam, Muir Woods, GGNRA, beaches, downtown Mill Valley and Sausalito, and award-winning schools
- Minutes to the Golden Gate Bridge for an ideal commute to San Francisco